Location: National Museum of African American History and Culture- Landover, MD
Full vacancy announcement available on UMD MLIS Blog.
The Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC) needs professional, non-personal, work-for-hire services, to catalog collection items; to create, enhance, and correct existing records in the museum’s collection information system, The Museum System (TMS); to teach other contractors and staff how to catalog collection items and create, enhance, and correct TMS records; to assist staff and other contractors with access to TMS records; and to assist with a variety of collection digitization projects.
Background and Purpose: The NMAAHC is building a collection of artifacts that relates to the African American experience. The collection includes about 40,000 artifacts and archival collections and is growing rapidly. The purpose of this contract is to increase the number of cataloged collection objects and high quality TMS records and to improve access to TMS records.
Scope of Work
The Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC) needs professional, non-personal, work-for-hire services, to catalog collection items; to create, enhance, and correct existing records in the museum’s collection information system, The Museum System (TMS); to teach other contractors and staff how to catalog collection items and create, enhance, and correct TMS records; to assist staff and other contractors with access to TMS records; and to assist with a variety of digitization projects between about [September 2017 – September 2018]. The project will take place over the period of performance, at the NMAAHC Collection Management Facility at 3400 Pennsy Drive (Pennsy), Landover, Maryland, and at Capital Gallery, 600 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. Work will be scheduled at mutually convenient times for the contractor and the Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative (COTR) between the hours of 7:00am and 6:00pm. The contractor may park at Pennsy. The facility is also accessible by public transportation and by Smithsonian shuttle service.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING CONSIDERED, PLEASE SEND A RESUME TO LAURA COYLE at email@example.com. PLEASE PUT CATALOGER IN THE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE.
Based on the resumes, the best qualified candidates will be invited to submit a formal quote.
Position: Research Analyst
Location: RosettiStarr – Bethesda, MD
Full vacancy announcement available on CUA LIS Job Postings.
RosettiStarr is a leading business intelligence, security and investigations firm seeking experienced Research Analysts for immediate hire.
RosettiStarr’s Research Analysts are part of a multidisciplinary team primarily focused on using public records, media databases, open-source intelligence platforms, and other investigative tools to provide RosettiStarr’s institutional investor clientele insight into the general reputation, integrity, legitimacy and non-financial business risks of potential investment partners.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in: library sciences, business, journalism, or a related field of study
- Working knowledge of research databases such as LexisNexis, Westlaw, Factiva, etc.
- Experience or interest in conducting public record research on individuals and businesses in the United States to identify court records, real property records, corporate formation documents, SEC filings and other relevant records
- Proven ability to quickly and effectively summarize vast quantities of news articles, business journals and other sources of information into concise, written work product
- Basic familiarity with business terms associated with financial performance, mergers, acquisitions, and corporate governance in a wide range of business sectors
- Tenacity and curiosity with regard to research and extremely strong writing skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Compensation is commensurate with experience and development potential, with potential for year-end, discretionary bonuses and other benefits.
Please send an email to express your interest to Sophia Rosetti – firstname.lastname@example.org