Position: Reference Librarian
Location: Georgetown University Law Library, Washington DC
Salary: $53,435 to $69,460 / per year
Full vacancy announcement available at LLDC Jobline.
The Reference Librarian participates in basic and advanced legal research instruction (e.g., first-year legal research and writing program, specialized courses, clinics, law journals) for one of the largest law schools in the nation. The Reference Librarian is the primary contact for designated faculty members in a liaison program to meet research and scholarship needs, and works with the Library Research Services team to coordinate in-depth faculty research projects. The Reference Librarian participates in the library’s collection development in assigned subject areas.
The position receives annual funding and leave for professional development and training. The Law Library also supports administrative leave for scholarly research and writing, and full-time librarians may apply for up to two weeks of administrative leave after one year of continuous service. Reference Librarians are encouraged to participate as a member of Law Library and Law Center committees to grow and contribute to community life.
Required: J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school or non-U.S. J.D. equivalent; Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited school of library and/or information studies or non-U.S. Master’s degree equivalent; knowledge of legal materials; excellent communication skills. Experience with legal research materials, including online legal databases. Awareness of current trends in legal research, library automation and library instructional programs.
Preferred: Professional experience in a law or academic library, and experience teaching legal research or leading instructional design.
To apply for this position, please submit applications via the Georgetown University Careers portal (https://careers.georgetown.edu) by using Job Number JR02021, or via this link. Address applications to Joe Thomas, Deputy Director of the Law Library, and include a cover letter, a current resume, and the names and contact information for three references. Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Position: Reference Services Librarian
Location: National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, Washington D.C.
Full vacancy announcement available on ALA Joblist.
The Reference Services Librarian will have the opportunity to provide genealogical reference services to researchers in the DAR Library and contribute their skills in educational programming, development of web-content, and collection development.
The successful candidate will also have a genuine passion, interest in and knowledge of genealogical and American historical research, and a genuine desire to share their passion and expertise with others.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Providing informed genealogical reference services and referrals to all researchers utilizing all types of information media such as books, periodicals, online databases, other internet resources, CD-ROMS, etc.
- Working with the Directors in developing, overseeing and carrying-out a variety of programs and community outreach initiatives and activities.
- Working with the Directors and other staff members in development of content for, and the daily management of, the Library’s social media platform(s).
- Working with other staff to create and implement new content for the Library’s webpage, including the creation of materials such as finding aids, writing of short online subject guides, and the updating general research guides for publication and/or online posting.
- Collaborating with others in the selection of new books and other research materials and providing input on acquisitions for the collection.
Please send a cover letter and resume or application outlining your qualifications and skills for the position along with salary requirements to:
Attention: Human Resources Director
National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
1776 D St., N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20006-5303