Position: Sr. Planning and Development Specialist
Location: Government Publishing Office (GPO) — Washington, D.C.
Salary: $79,720 to $103,639 / per year
Full vacancy announcement available at USAJOBS:
The Planning and Development Content Management Services is responsible for the planning, development and coordination of new initiatives for electronic and web collections in support of the Library Service and Content Management mission and initiatives. Programs and projects developed in this Service result in information products and applications that are disseminated through the Library Planning and Development, Library Technical Information Services, and Collection Management and Preservation programs within the Library Services and Content Management organization.
Selectee will work shift 1 and have a tour of duty of 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Knowledge of information dissemination technology, concepts, and principles.
- Ability to apply fact-finding and analytical techniques and methods used to gather, evaluate information, and develop solutions or to draw logical conclusions.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with individuals and groups with diverse interests to accomplish program goals and objectives. Individuals may include GPO personnel, customers, and library or publishing agency partners.
- Knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements for Information Dissemination programs.
- Ability to apply project management principles, manage large and small projects and project teams, complete project tasks and assignments according to established timelines.