Position: Research Librarian
Location: National Center for Victims of Crime, Washington, DC
Salary: $70,000.00 – $75,000.00 (Yearly Salary)
Full vacancy announcement available at ALA Joblist.
Summary: The Research Librarian is responsible for planning and integration of library information services that support the strategic objectives of the National Resource Center for Victim Research and Evaluation (NRC-VRC). The Research Librarian also assumes an active role in the operation and maintenance of the innovative digital library.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides specialized assistance to victim services professionals seeking research publications, statistical information, bibliographic citations, etc.
- Provides specialized reference services via telephone, e-mail, scheduled instant chat, and in-person methods to victim service professionals.
- Creates bibliographic records for print, electronic, audio, and video materials for the victim research and evaluation library
- Provides research assistance for NRC-VRC projects
- Locates and acquires new publications for the library
- Builds bibliographies and topical specialized reference lists for victim service providers and researchers on a variety of topics.
- Produces tutorials, slide presentations, articles, and “how-to” guides for dissemination to library users.
- Assists in grant writing and similar projects.
- Provides instructional workshops, presentations and booths at national conferences (some travel required)
- Builds and maintains relationships with numerous providers of training and technical assistance in victim services, and with research libraries.