Position: Research & Instruction Librarian
Location: Loyola Notre Dame Library – Baltimore, MD
Originally posted on the Maryland Library Association listserv.
The Loyola / Notre Dame Library seeks an experienced, energetic, creative and self-motivated librarian to fill a position within the Research & Instruction department. The successful candidate will provide user-centered services to a diverse population of undergraduates, graduates and faculty at Loyola University Maryland and Notre Dame of Maryland University.
· Conduct course-related information literacy instruction; incorporating new approaches to teaching and learning into existing research & instruction programs including support of STEM campus initiatives.
· Expand access to library services by becoming familiar with assigned liaison areas and their information needs.
· Maintain current knowledge of the trends and issues in higher education, scholarly communication, online education, education technologies and research practices.
· Provide general and subject specific reference and research support.
· Participate in other department and library-wide initiatives.
· Graduate degree in library / information science from an ALA-accredited institution
· Exceptional interpersonal, instruction, presentation, project, and communication skills
· High degree of organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects, work effectively in collegial environments, thrive in a changing work environment and demonstrate a commitment to professional development
· Ability to work evenings and weekends
· Experience searching biomedical or health-related databases and providing instruction in the areas of health, life, and natural sciences, and related disciplines
· Interest in or experience with data management
· Experience providing services to diverse groups of library users though a liaison services model
About the Library:
The Loyola / Notre Dame Library is one of two independent academic libraries in the United States. Situated between two adjoining campuses (Loyola University Maryland and Notre Dame of Maryland University) in a residential area of northern Baltimore City, the Library serves a total population of 7,106 FTE including 5,529 FTE at Loyola University Maryland recognized for excellence in teaching and learning with emerging Health Professional Counseling initiatives and Applied and Natural Sciences programs and 1,577 FTE at Notre Dame of Maryland University a leader in education of women and with new programs in the Schools of Nursing and Pharmacy.
The Library offers an excellent benefit package that includes medical, access to dental, life, and disability insurance, as well as TIAA-CREF retirement.
Successful candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
The Loyola – Notre Dame Library is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, sex, disability, or age.
Application Procedures: Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Please submit electronically a resume, cover letter, and a list of three (3) work-related references with “Research & Instruction Position” in the subject line to Lorena Dion, Administrative Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email email@example.com to apply for this job.