Metadata Services Manager
Location: George Washington University, Washington, DC
Full vacancy announcement available at ALA Joblist.
Under the direction of the Resource Description Coordinator, the Metadata Services Manager is a member of the Resource Description Group (RDG) and the greater metadata management group within The George Washington University Libraries. The RDG is responsible for describing and providing access for library collections in all formats. The Metadata Services Manager is primarily responsible for creating original metadata, complex metadata revision, and authority work for the library’s general and special collections. The Metadata Services Manager will help shape the identity management work for the library’s collections and is expected to collaborate with colleagues from functional areas across GW Libraries and beyond, in service of the GW Community and the profession.
Quick Link http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/40784
Custom Research Analyst
Location: MITRE, McLean, VA
Originally posted on University of Maryland blogMLIS.
The individual will work as a member of the Custom Research Team to provide information and research support to MITRE’s work programs. This person will be responsible for providing current awareness, performing research, and supporting department wide initiatives. The individual should have an understanding of information management practices that translate into successful products and solutions in order to meet the needs of our diverse customers. The individual should be familiar with congressional information and federal government operations.
Location: “Major Law Firm Client” of LibSource, Washington, DC
Originally posted on the Maryland Library Association listserv.
The Librarian will be required to coordinate technical services and collection maintenance along with general research services, cataloging and basic support. This position functions as part of a larger library team dispersed across four office locations. The candidate will be expected to collaborate and work in a distributed environment.
• Provide advice on using electronic resources via the library’s portal site for straight-forward requests for documents, cases and articles.
• Maintain library collection by sorting, shelving and organizing print publications and filing pocket parts, supplements and loose- leaf sets.
• Check-in and route materials using library catalog.
• Modify and update catalog records according to set criteria to change location, holdings, etc.
• Search and retrieve records in OCLC and the ILS and assist in their processing.
• Respond to general information requests and assist in locating books and publications.
• Perform related tasks as assigned and participate in special projects as necessary.
• Print and affix labels.
• Perform clerical tasks such as cataloging, data entry, generating reports and processing invoices.
Apply online: https://goo.gl/1kZYFO