Position: Academic Specialist (Librarian)
Location: National Defense University – Washington, D.C.
Salary Range: $64,650.00 to $119,794.00 / Per Year
Closes: Saturday 1/14/2017
Full vacancy announcement available at USAJOBS:
Under the supervision of the Chief, Reference and Instruction and in coordination with the team leads in Research and Instructional Services, the librarian is responsible for:
1. Participating in development and delivery of instructional classes, both in person and online, to teach skills in analyzing topics, developing effective research strategies, and analyzing information to select the most appropriate sources for scholarship.
2. Assisting with the development of tutorials and web guides to build discovery tools to support effective research.
3. Building partnerships with faculty to provide curriculum development assistance, conducting research to identify and obtain learning materials to support course content and design.
4. Providing in-depth research and reference assistance to students, scheduling appointments to work with students as they formulate topics and devise research strategies.
5. Evaluating library holdings for currency and relevance to the curriculum, assisting with collection development projects to curate a library collection that contains the most appropriate resources, both electronic and physical, to support curricular and research requirements of the University.
William E. Sass
Email : WILLIAM.E.SASS.CIV@MAIL.MIL
Position: Two Positions
Location: Loudoun County Government – Leesburg, VA
Full vacancy announcements available at ALA Joblist.
Librarian I Adult Services
Salary: $41,598.00 – $59,592.00 (Yearly Salary)
Loudoun County Public Library (LCPL) is currently seeking an energetic, creative, tech-savvy person with a passion for providing exceptional customer service to join us as an Adult Services Librarian. LCPL is committed to community building by promoting the joy of reading and learning. Serving as the community’s information center, LCPL provides free and equal access to a full variety of library resources and innovative technologies to enhance the quality of life and meet the informational, educational, and cultural interests of the entire community. Successful candidates for this position will strive to exceed customer expectations, foster relationships with positive and effective communication, demonstrate excellence working with innovative and evolving technology, and enjoy reading and learning. If you possess these characteristics, we encourage you to apply. This position focuses primarily on services to adults. If selected for this position, you will deliver high quality service that guides patrons to discovering information, ideas, knowledge, and skills; lead patrons in understanding and making effective use of technology for learning, creativity, communication, and entertainment; plan, deliver, and promote engaging and meaningful programming to diverse audiences; guide patrons in the effective use of physical and virtual collections and other resources; and work with external and internal partners to strengthen the ties between the library and the public. You will be a crucial team member whose performance and dedication will be essential to the library’s mission. Hiring Range: $41,598-$59,592. Recruitment #17-S245-0129. Apply immediately. Visit our on-line employment center at http://www.loudoun.gov for more information and to apply. EOE
Division Manager – Branch Services
Salary: $63,316.00 – $92,391.00 (Yearly Salary)
Loudoun County Public Library (LCPL) is offering passionate, innovative, community-oriented leaders with public library management experience the opportunity to become the Division Manager of Branch Services. The Division Manager of Branch Services will oversee all libraries in the LCPL system, supervise all branch managers, cultivate high staff morale, play a primary role in strategic planning/implementation, and serve as a key member of the Senior Management Team. The successful candidate will be a strong leader, develop effective relationships with fellow staff and the community; ensure optimal operation of every branch; be a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and stay aware of emerging trends, technologies, and best practices in public library services. A passion for exceptional customer service, a commitment to staff inclusion and development, and a demonstrated history of visionary leadership that encourages innovation are paramount for success. This position will report to the Deputy Director of Library Operations. Located just 30 minutes from Washington, D.C., LCPL is a thriving library system that offers innovative services and extensive programs. LCPL enjoys broad community and government support. Additional branches will be added in the coming years as LCPL continues to meet the needs of its growing and diverse community. Hiring Range: $63,316-$92,391. Recruitment #17-A254-0165. Apply immediately. Visit our on-line employment center at http://www.loudoun.gov for more information and to apply. EOE