Position: Library Technician
Location: Library of Congress
Salary Range: $43,684.00 to $56,790.00 / Per Year
Full vacancy announcement available at USAJOBS: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/457392800/
The incumbent serves as a Copyright Technician located in the Information Section in the Licensing Division. The incumbent will perform routine technician duties using the division’s manual and automated systems and resources. This position is accountable to the Head of the Information Section. While performing daily activities, the Copyright Technician is responsible for ensuring proper handling and security of Licensing Division materials.
Library Collection Services Coordinator (Library Program Coordinator)
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Salary: $68,998.18 – $114,997.17 Annually
Full vacancy announcement available at ALA Joblist.
Administers and coordinates the collection management and acquisitions department of the library, which selects, acquires, and manages all library materials. Responsibilities include:
- Provides system leadership on collection issues ensuring alignment with the Fairfax County Public Library (FCPL) strategic plan.
- Proposes and implements collection management procedures in support of library board and system policies.
- Analyzes and tracks collection use and ensures responsive and cost-effective library collections.
- Builds effective relationships with branch staff to ensure library collection reflects customer usage and trends.
- Leads the library collection team to ensure communication of library policies, procedures, trends and provides techniques and tools for collection management.
- Tracks publisher, vendor, and information industry developments to position the library to respond to and take advantage of change.
- Leads, coaches and mentors the assistant coordinator and collection evaluation manager and leadership for the larger collection team.
- This position works under the supervision of the director of technical operations.