Position: Librarian, Research and Instruction
Location: Stevenson University – Stevenson, Maryland
Full vacancy announcement available at ALA Joblist:
Provide general and virtual information, research and reference services. Respond to requests for information and research assistance from Stevenson University students, faculty and staff through a variety of communications media (in person, phone, e-mail, chat, text). Develop programming, outreach activities and learning opportunities for freshmen and transfer students, enhancing student engagement with the library. Plan, develop and execute exhibits, displays and promotional activities that connect the university community to the library. Plan, teach and assess information literacy instruction in collaboration with faculty. Serve as liaison to one or more academic departments. Locate and create digital content to support academic instruction. Develop course-related online tutorials and guides. Work on reference desk and cover chat and AskUs services on a rotating basis. Contribute to a social media program that promotes the library. Assist Library Director with strategic planning for the future growth and development of library services at all Stevenson University campuses. Contribute to professional activities within the academic library community.
Position: Interlibrary Loan Librarian
Location: ZAI, NIH Library, Bethesda, MD
Originally posted on the Maryland Library Association listserv.
ZAI has an immediate need for an Interlibrary Loan Librarian in support of the NIH Library, which is located in Bethesda, Maryland. Duties include requesting materials through ILLiad, processing requests and notifying patrons upon receipt of materials, and filling requests from other libraries (local, national, and international) for materials that the NIH Library does not own. This position will report to the Senior Library Manager in the Shared Resources department of the NIH Library.
• Process requests by NIH researchers for materials held at other libraries.
• Process items received as a result of requests from NIH researchers.
• Process materials requested by other libraries.
• Review, and troubleshoot as necessary, the ILL requests as processed by the library technicians in the Shared Resources Department.
• Effectively use a variety of electronic and manual systems to interlibrary loan work including:
o ILLiad, for managing requests and delivery.
o NIH Library bibliographic databases for checking citations on requests, and providing requested full-text documents either in print or in electronic formats.
o The link resolver product, SFX, to aid in checking for full-text articles within NIH Library databases.
• Must be familiar with alternate methods to request items, such as using ALA (American Library Association) forms and CRL (Center for Research Libraries).
• Maintain familiarity with copyright restrictions.
• Track articles received in order that the library pays appropriate copyright fees.
• Maintain statistics and other records as needed.
• Other responsibilities include ensuring copyright compliance, aiding in the preparation of monthly and annual reports, advising for collection development, maintaining and troubleshooting software and hardware, and staying aware of developments in the field.
• Assist with circulation, mending, shelf maintenance, or other areas as assigned.
• Attend regularly scheduled library staff meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
MLS or equivalent degree from ALA-accredited program
2-3 years library experience, preferably in interlibrary loan or access service
Strong commitment to customer service
Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented setting
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines
Advanced bibliographic searching skills
Experience with ILLiad, OCLC, and WorldShare
Knowledge of electronic resources, licenses, and copyright issues
Knowledge of and interest in emerging internet technologies as they apply to libraries
To apply, please visit http://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ZAIINC&cws=1&rid=803.
Position: Library Technician ( Digital Conversion Technician)
Location: Library of Congress – Fort Meade, MD and Washington, D.C.
Salary Range: $39,311.00 to $51,102.00 / Per Year
Closes: Monday 12/5/2016
Full vacancy announcement available at USAJOBS:
Performs arrangement and description work in a major body of records describing digitized materials. Evaluates the correctness of item entries in different fields and makes corrections as needed. Identifies duplicate entries. Copies records when needed. Creates new records or adds to or edits existing records as appropriate. Consults with senior staff frequently prior to correcting or significantly altering questionable database entries.
Applies knowledge of the full range of library rules, procedures, and operations to respond to a wide variety of non-standard library collection maintenance issues. May transport collection materials for digitization. Will digitize some materials according to specifications provided. Performs quality review of digital results produced against benchmarks provided and transfers digital files to server locations.
Completes a sequence of detailed routines in searching online databases. Uses search tools in a variety of online databases that have different search interfaces and protocols.