Position: Law Librarian
Location: Alexandria, VA
LAC Federal is seeking an experienced Law Librarian with expertise in the use of SharePoint to manage and track legal document workflows, and to create and populate legal and administrative forms in Adobe, Microsoft Word, InfoPath and other tools for a Federal Agency based in Alexandria, VA. The Librarian will be responsible for Knowledge Management using SharePoint to support office staff, creating and maintaining digital libraries containing relevant documents and articles on specific legal topics, training staff on the use of the KM tools and other information products, and providing research assistance.
• Education Qualifications:
• Juris Doctor (JD) degree
• Masters of Library and Information Science (MLIS) with a Special Certificate in Law Librarianship
• Two years as a professional law library
• Minimum of 2 years administering, maintaining, and updated an electronic knowledge management system (SharePoint strongly preferred)
• Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to new situation
• Prior experience with federal criminal law and litigation
• A solid understanding of legal documentation
• Candidate may substitute 3 years of work of experience managing an electronic knowledge management system for the above Education
Qualifications provided they also have:
• Three years of equivalent professional level experience working as a law librarian;
• A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
• Paralegal Certificate from an ABA-approved program
Please apply on our website at: https://goo.gl/5B2hnb
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies.