Position: Research & Online Resources Librarian
Location: Covington & Burling LLP, Washington DC
Originally posted on the LLSDC Jobline
Reports To: Assistant Librarian, Technical Services & Library Automation
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assists with managing the firm’s many online legal research (“OLR”) vendor relationships.
· Responsible for online resource credential administration, subscription email groups, and electronic content routing.
· Communicates with OLR service providers, Library staff and IT staff in planning, testing, implementing and supporting electronic resources and applications.
· Responsible for acquisitions, renewals and cancellation of online resources. Works closely with Practice Group chairs, senior Library staff and vendors/publishers to identify resource needs, negotiate cost and usage terms, identify budget discrepancies, etc.
· Identifies, evaluates and recommends new resources and applications to support the information needs of the firm and enhance library services offerings.
· Verifies and disseminates electronic licensing information when acquiring/renewing online resources. Assists with license and copyright compliance regarding electronic resources including Copyright Clearance Center coverage and requests to vendors.
· Maintains critical service, acquisition, usage, and licensing records in our Electronic Resources Database.
· Analyzes use of online resources by preparing and maintaining statistical usage reports and reviewing results to determine ROI.
· Works with colleagues to develop and maintain OLR information in the firm’s Intranet.
· Demonstrated experience with current legal/corporate OLR and other information resources and content providers.
· Experience analyzing, administering, and curating OLR vendor licensing documents and understanding of licensing language, practices/trends, and confidential nature of accounts and agreements.
· Strong service orientation, and excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other modern law firm productivity software tools.
· At least 2 years’ work experience in an AMLAW 100 or 200 law firm required.
· BS/BA degree required; JD or other graduate degree preferred.
From our offices in Beijing, Brussels, London, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley, and Washington, we practice as one firm, holding closely to core values that start with a deep commitment to our clients and the quality of our work on their behalf, and that include an emphasis on teamwork among our lawyers and other professionals and a belief in the obligation of lawyers to make legal services available to all who need them. EOE.
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Position: Acquisitions Assistant
Location: National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, Washington, DC
Salary: Hiring salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Full vacancy announcement available at ALA Joblist.
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution has an immediate full time entry-level position for an Acquisitions Assistant in the DAR Library.
Main duties involve interacting with donors and processing book donations, assisting with book ordering; accessioning new books, and handling other administrative office duties including maintaining, purging and retrieving files; answering telephone, mail, and email inquiries relating to acquisition tasks, and providing reference services to library patrons on a daily basis.