Position: Supervisory Librarian (2 Positions)
Location: National Institutes of Health
Salary Range: $128,082.00 to $160,300.00 / Per Year
Closes: Monday 9/19/2016
Full vacancy announcements available at USAJOBS.
Chief, Public Services Division (PSD) for the Division of Library Operations (LO): https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/446277100/
Serve as Chief, Public Services Division, responsible for establishing policies, formulating budgets, developing and reviewing programs, implementing operational plans, and directing the activities of approximately 70 employees responsible for providing access to health information and library materials, collection management, preservation, and digitization of collection materials.
Chief, National Network Coordinating Office (NNCO) for the Division of Library Operations (LO):
Serve as the Chief, National Network Coordinating Office (NNCO) of the National Network Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) (https://nnlm.gov/), developing collaborations among health sciences libraries, other types of libraries and organizations to improve access to and the sharing of biomedical information resources for health professional and the public across the nation.
Position: Library Assistant
Location: Montgomery College, Rockville Campus
Salary Range: $18.46-$25.00 per hour
Originally posted on the Maryland Library Association listserv.
Online applications must be received by September 20th, 2016.
Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, has need for a Full Time Library Assistant, S03232 in the Library Department. The normal work schedule is Monday-Thursday, 1:30pm-10pm, and Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
Access Services Duties 90%
This position serves the Rockville Campus which encompasses more than 45% of the student body of Montgomery College. The Rockville Campus Library circulates over 70,000 items to library visitors per year, maintains a collection of approximately 250,000 books, journals, and media; and meets the information needs of over 28,000 weekly onsite visitors during a typical week of a semester.
· Participates in all work at the service desk including; orienting patrons to the library by informing them of available services, item locations, and explanation and demonstration of the online catalog and Discovery system.
· Provides access to course reserves, interlibrary loans, document delivery, fines and fees within the Banner platform, traditional circulation services, periodicals, media, technology, microforms, and stack maintenance.
· Responsible for assuring patron confidentiality and compliance with copyright and other laws and regulations.
· Interprets policies, resolves complaints and patron issues, triages information requests to appropriate units, and engages in nuanced queries for information services.
· Responsible for accurate data entry to ensure quality inventory control of the collection and patron transactions.
· Participates in statistical data collection, used to determine how to grow and develop the collections and services
College-Wide Service 5%
· Participates in campus and college-wide library committees to address issues related to new and current use of information technologies or library issues and services.
· Participates in department, college-wide, and campus governance meetings.
Professional Development 5%
· Attends library and library technology related conferences, seminars and workshops (including online resources) to update skills, disseminate new ideas and keep aware of new trends and developments in the field of information and library technology.
· Prepares and shares information learned with colleagues at unit meetings and/or in writing.
· Attends training and/or workshops provided by the College to improve technology and/or interpersonal skills
· High School Diploma/GED
· 1 year of library customer service experience OR 2 years of customer service experience
· Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
· Associates Degree
· Deep Knowledge of ARES, ILLiad, and an Integrated Library Systems (ILS), preferably Voyager
· Excellent customer service skills
· Effective written, communication skills, and problem solving
· Strong information seeking skills to successfully search internal and external websites and databases to retrieve information for users and employees of the College
· Knowledge of computers, basic trouble shooting skills, and training others in the use of computers
· Experience in instructing patrons in the use of media and equipment
· Demonstrated expertise in productivity software including Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Ability to perform standard office procedures
Online applications must be received by September 20th, 2016. To apply, please visit http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
The application process includes 10 steps.
· Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
· For consideration, you must:
1. Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
2. Complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4); and
3. E-sign your application. (Step 9)
Failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
· Successful completion of a background check
· Participation in a retirement plan
· Submission of an official transcript of the degree required for the position
Note: This recruitment effort can take 6-12 weeks (from the deadline date) to fill.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Job Title: Library Assistant
Position #: S03232
Bargaining Status: Bargaining
Salary Range: $18.46-$25.00 per hour