Position: Legislative Reference Librarian I
Salary: $40,400 – $62,900, depending on experience and qualifications
MARYLAND GENERAL ASSEMBLY
DEPARTMENT OF LEGISLATIVE SERVICES
Office of Policy Analysis
Library and Information Services
• Provides accurate and timely research, reference, and referral services to legislators, legislative staff, department staff, state agencies, and the general public via in-person interactions, telephone conversations, and e-mail communications.
• Provides expertise in extracting information from a variety of print and online sources.
• Reads daily newspapers and selects articles of interest to be included in the Maryland Clipper and reads additional publications for current event awareness and knowledge in assigned areas of public policy, law, or library and information science issues.
• Reviews and tracks legislation in assigned topical areas during the 90-day legislative session.
• ALA accredited MLS
• Excellent working knowledge of Westlaw, Lexis Nexis, or similar legal databases.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have the ability to work independently, in teams, and have the ability to prioritize requests to meet multiple deadlines.
• Must have a high level of interpersonal skills, flexibility, and adaptability to serve a varied client group in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Must have sensitivity to the political environment and the information needs of all library users.
• Must have the ability to work extended hours, including some weekends, during the 90 day legislative session from January to April.
Send resume and letter of interest by September 23, 2016 to:
Department of Legislative Services, Human Resources
90 State Circle, Room 311
Annapolis, Maryland 21401-1991
Fax: 410 946-5140 or 301 970-5140
e-mail: email@example.com, Website: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov
Code 11/16 LLMD (Required on all Resumes)
The Department of Legislative Services is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in a manner that violates law, regulation or legislative policy.
Position: Cataloging Library Technician
Location: Nimitz Library at the U. S. Naval Academy – Annapolis, MD
Salary Range: $43,684.00 to $62,888.00 / Per Year
Closes: Wednesday 9/14/2016
Originally posted on the Maryland Library Association listserv.
The Nimitz Library at the U. S. Naval Academy is hiring a Library Technician to work in cataloging with a variety of duties including:
Performing semi-professional level descriptive and subject cataloging of records in various formats, e.g., audiovisual and electronic records.
Performing all aspects of government document processing, receiving shipments, importing bibliographic records from MARCIVE, cataloging and classifying government documents.
Assisting in maintenance of the integrated library system, especially the online catalog, by deleting and modifying bibliographic records as needed.
In a beautiful location in Annapolis, the Nimitz Library is a great place to work and support the education of future Navy and Marine Corps leaders! The salary is highly competitive, and the position includes full federal benefits. The application process, however, is lengthy and applications are accepted only from Wednesday, September 6, until Wednesday, September 14, 2016. For more information, qualifications needed and to apply, see USA Jobs: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/449364300#modal-trigger.