Position: Data and Publications Librarian
Location: Inter-American Development Bank, Washington, D.C.
Full vacancy announcement available at ALA Joblist:
The Inter-American Development (IDB) Bank Main Library seeks a collaborative, energetic, innovative and service-oriented Data and Publications Librarian to join its established team of information professionals.
This position contributes advanced understanding and technical knowledge of IDB’s sectoral data curation and visualization, as well as publication processes and dissemination of publications. The ideal candidate will have a combination of interpersonal and technical skills that will contribute to the library stewardship on the curation and dissemination of IDB’s data and publications.
Position: APA Style Documentation & Training Specialist
Location: American Psychological Association, Washington, D.C.
Originally posted on Maryland Library Association listserv.
Are you an APA Style Power user who is passionate about teaching others to use this well-known style format?
If this describes you, please read on:
The American Psychological Association is hiring a training specialist to support APA Style products and services. This is a highly visible position that will enable you to use your expertise in APA Style to train a wide range of users in an academic setting. This is a new position that will involve the creative application of your knowledge about APA Style to develop innovative training approaches for students, faculty, librarians, sales and customer support staff.
The position is responsible for the following:
• Managing the development, production, and delivery of training materials and technical support documentation for both users and administrators of APA Style products. This may include print and online materials, social media and blog postings, workbooks and training manuals, classroom presentations, and newsletters and other communications related to these products.
• Oversees development and implementation of training curriculum for instructors and end-users for on-site delivery, webinars, and conference presentations.
• Develops workflow processes and procedures to manage and track customer inquiries. Monitors product usage, and works collaboratively with other stakeholders to formulate plans to drive usage.
• Collaborates with Sales and Marketing team to identify trends in user needs and potential product concepts that may address customer requirements.
Candidates must possess the following skills:
• Advanced knowledge and application of APA Style.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of research search platforms such as APA PsycNET, EBSCOhost, ProQuest, and OvidSP and major bibliographic management systems such as RefWorks, EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero, and more.
• Highly skilled in the use of video tutorial applications such as Camtasia.
• Proficient in the use of WebEX, AdobeConnect, or other webinar platforms.
• Skilled in HTML coding.
In addition to the above, the candidate must have:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Communications or the equivalent; or a Master’s degree in Library Science.
• Strong training skills and the ability to manage and deliver instructional programs on online systems or software applications to novice, advanced end-users, and high level decision-makers.
• Previous experience working in the online publishing and/or certification in technical writing.
• Excellent verbal communication, writing and negotiation skills.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and project management skills.
• Experience with budget planning is desirable.
Candidates must also be comfortable with delivering training programs to audiences of differing sizes, both in person and via online screen sharing. Some travel may be required in this position.
The American Psychological Association, located at 750 First St NE, Washington D.C., was named a 2014 recipient of the Washington Post Top Workplace. It is metro accessible from the Red Line.
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary requirements. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.