Job Title: Librarian
Department: Legislative Branch
Agency: Library of Congress
Salary Range: $52,668.00 to $68,465.00 / Per Year
Open Period: Friday, December 11, 2015 to Tuesday, January 5, 2016
Duty Locations: Washington DC
Full vacancy announcement available at USAJOBS:
This position is located in the African, Latin American and Western European Division, Acquisitions and Bibliographic Access Directorate, Library Services.
The position description number for this position is 58498.
The salary range indicated reflects the locality pay adjustments for the Washington, D.C., Metropolitan area.
The incumbent of this position will work a flextime work schedule.
This is a non-supervisory, bargaining unit position.
Relocation expenses will not be authorized for the person(s) selected under this vacancy announcement.
Position: Reference Librarian
Location: ASRC Federal Primus – Washington, DC
Originally posted on UMD iSchool MLS listserv.
ASRC Federal Primus is seeking a Reference Librarian to support our ongoing programs with the EPA in Washington, DC.
http://www.asrcfederal.com/careers/Pages/jobs.aspx (search Job Number 15001140)
* Provide professional level (Librarian) support in the areas of reference services, information management, patron outreach and communication regarding available library services and resources.
* Participate in workgroups supporting library network cooperation, services improvement, and staff/patron current awareness and training.
* Provide consultation on and participate in the provision of librarian services and update/maintain procedures documentation.
* Participate in Library Network Activities, which may include participating as a member of various workgroups supporting collaborative services, digitization, outreach, and other topics requiring input form professional librarian staff.
* Coordinate reference desk staffing schedules, review of materials dispersal lists and selection of materials to add to the collection, as well as reference and bibliographic searching for patrons.
* Prepare weekly and monthly statistical and narrative reports on reference services and progress; preparing other reports as needed.
* A Master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent, and 2-4 years of professional level experience
* Minimum two years experience providing professional librarian services in the field of chemistry or allied fields such as toxicology, medical science, environmental science, biology, etc.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in person and in writing
* Demonstrated ability to work successfully independently and within a team environment.
* Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and office applications.
* Experience in preparing analytic reports and statistics, use of applications such as Excel, and development of logical expressions and database queries.
* Proficiency with web searching and research.
* Experience using knowledgebase management and customer resource management applications.
* Experience in customer service, library services required.
* US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status and ability to pass a government sponsored background check