Position: Circulation Assistant
Location: Washington, D.C.
Originally posted on Law Librarians’ Society of Washington, D.C. website. Full vacancy announcement available at the George Washington University website:
The role of the George Washington University Law Library is to support the curricular and teaching requirements of the Law School, the research and publication needs of the law faculty, and the study and research needs of the law students; and to provide to the scholarly community at large access to a research collection of materials about the law and its history. Additional information about the Law Library can be found at, http://www.law.gwu.edu/library.
The Law Library seeks a qualified individual for a full-time circulation assistant position to staff public services desks, perform stack maintenance tasks, and participate in other activities of the Collection Services Department. Reporting to the head of collection services, the circulation assistant’s responsibilities include:
• Processes circulation transactions in the online circulation system
• Answers patrons’ questions and performs initial screening of visitors for library access
• Maintains all aspects of looseleaf publications
• Participates in shelving activities and microform filing
• Participates in activities related to opening and/or closing of the library
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.