Position: Fiscal Services and Acquisitions Manager
Location: George Mason University, Law Library
Originally posted on Law Librarians’ Society of D.C. Jobline.
The George Mason University, Law Library, Technical Services Department is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual for a Fiscal Services and Acquisitions Manager role.
This position is responsible for:
Acquisition of all formats of Law Library materials: print, electronic and multimedia;
Place orders, process invoices for payment, and track credits to library fiscal accounts due to the return of cancelled materials;
Utilize the Ex Libris Voyager integrated library system for purchase order entry;
Utilize Intuit QuickBooks for the maintenance of internal fiscal information;
Enter order information into the eVA online procurement system;
Reconcile nonpersonnel budget expenditures, and prepare monthly budget reports using the Ellucian Banner system;
Serve as the point of contact between the Law Library and the Office of Purchasing and Accounts Payable;
Provides backup for Circulation in cases of emergency; and
Reports to the Head of Collection Development and Technical Services.
Applicants must have the ability to understand financial reports and to reconcile budget information;
Experience using an integrated library system (Voyager experience is preferred);
Experience with the Online Computer Library Center (OCLC);
Understanding of an online purchasing system (experience using eVA is preferred);
Understanding of the legal marketplace, including out-of-print and international sources;
Ability to use Microsoft Excel;
A bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent combination of education and experience) and demonstrated library acquisitions and technical services experience;
Extremely detail-oriented; and
Exemplary interpersonal and communications skills; strong service orientation; and the ability to work well with all library staff, other university departments, and legal vendors.
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 00471z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. EO/AA/Vet/Disabled Employer
Job Title:Chief, Library Technical Services
Agency:Government Publishing Office
Salary Range: $126,245.00 to $158,700.00 / Per Year
Duty Location: Washington DC
The Government Publishing Office has an opening for a Chief, Library Technical Services. Full vacancy announcement available at USAJOBS:
Serves as an expert on library technical services in LSCM for the organization, for the development and implementation of multiple projects that serve the Federal Depository Library (FDL) community and LSCM. Assists LSCM in developing integrated business processes and procedures, workflow services and/or programs to support these processes (financial, quality control, production, customer services, operational efficiency, etc.).
· Manages and directs the discovery and acquisitions process for in-scope Federal information products and services in all formats, including working with GPO staff, Federal agencies, library and other partners to identify new and historic content. Maintains and manages collection development policies and plans for tangible and electronic content.
· Manages and directs metadata creation, and cataloging and indexing activities. Incumbent will be responsible for authoring, updating and maintaining the rules and regulations for the national policy for cataloging, indexing and metadata creation of Federal publications and establishment of best practices. Directs the National Bibliographic Records Inventory Initiative, working with libraries and agencies to identify and catalog the body of historic and current Federal information products.
· Provides oversight and adherence to the daily operations of the unit, including identifying and addressing all operational problem areas. Oversees the collection and reporting of performance metrics as required by LSCM, Program for Cooperative Cataloging and other projects and initiatives.
· Independently performs all inclusive human capital management and supervisory functions related to designated LTS personnel, including library professionals and support staff, and subject and technical specialists within the unit, grade GS-14 and below.
· Continually monitors organizational functions, staffing resources, alignment with strategic goals, for existing functions and new initiatives and proposes organizational realignments to Managing Director, LSCM.
Department:Department of Defense
Agency:Defense Intelligence Agency
Salary Range: $76,378.00 to $99,296.00 / Per Year
Duty Location: 1 vacancy – Washington DC
The Defense Intelligence Agency has an opening for a Librarian. Full vacancy announcement available at USAJOBS:
1. Experience teaching in an academic environment on a broad scope of library and research activities including; the ability to incorporate modern technologies into workflow and processes.
2. Experience in researching highly complex problems and provide guidance for research requesters to include developing new approaches in solving information services problems.
3. Conducts orientations on library resources and policies for new users.
4. Maintains awareness of current and emerging technologies that identify library/information tools applicable to the organization’s needs.
5. Manages the full life-cycle of information received in multiple formats, from acquiring, to cataloging, classifying, digitizing, and preserving in physical locations or online databases.
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
1. Masters Degree in Library and Information Science.
2. Experience in an academic work/research environment; Foreign language capabilities; Library systems administration.
3. Experience with classified collections and handling special materials in a library environment.