Position: Circulation and Reserve Manager
Location: McDaniel College, Westminster, MD
McDaniel College has an opening for a Circulation and Reserves Manager. Full vacancy announcement available at McDaniel College website:
Originally posted on Maryland Library Association’s listserv.
Reporting to the Public Services Management Librarian, the Circulation and Reserves Manager:
· Manages the day-to-day operations of the circulation and reserves services for the Hoover Library.
· Supervises and trains a workforce of 20 or more part-time student and temporary employees to cover 100+ hours per week,
· Manages patron accounts including levying and collecting overdue and lost item fees with the Bursar’s Office.
· Provides project management and assistance to the Public Services Management Librarian.
· Provides back-up support for the Assistant to the Library Director and cross-trains with the ILL Supervisor. Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and computer proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office and database systems required.
· The position demands a motivated and reliable individual capable of working responsibly and productively without immediate and continuous supervision.
· Ability to learn quickly and have excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
· Attention to detail, leadership and training skills, ability to interact successfully with the college community, general public and co-workers, and a strong commitment to providing the highest quality service are essential
· Availability to provide occasional backup weekend or evening coverage as needed.
· Must have impeccable integrity and a strong work ethic in order to instill those qualities in others.
· Demonstrated interest in continuous improvement and development, especially with regard to technology, supervision and training skills required.
Preferred: Relevant library and supervisory experiences is desirable. Familiarity with an integrated library system, in particular in areas related to circulation and reserves. One year of related experience preferred.
Submit cover letter, resume, and names with contact information of 3 professional references to: http://www2.mcdaniel.edu/jobs
Only applications submitted through this link will be accepted. Review of applications begins immediately. Applications must be received by August 31, 2015.
McDaniel College is an AA/EOE institution and welcomes applications from diverse candidates and candidates who support diversity. Women and Veterans strongly encouraged to apply.
Position: Head of Special Collections and University Archives
Location: Towson University, Towson, Maryland
Salary: Not Specified
The Albert S. Cook Library at Towson University has an opening for the Head of Special Collections and University Archives. Full vacancy announcement available at Towson University website:
Originally posted to ALA Joblist.
The Albert S. Cook Library, Towson University invites applications for the Head of Special Collections and University Archives for a 12-month library faculty position on the permanent status track beginning Fall 2015. Appointment will be made at the rank of Librarian II or II depending on experience.