Crowell & Moring LLP currently seeks a talented and experienced Research Librarian for our Washington, DC headquarters. In this role you will provide research support and outreach for all offices and work as a member of the firm-wide research team. The position also participates in training, collection development, and special projects that enhance the services offered by the department.
Among other key components, the Research Librarian will:
- Conduct business, legal, legislative, and regulatory research; provide initial analysis of research results and summaries of key findings.
- Provide background research and competitive intelligence on current or potential clients and markets in support of business and client development efforts.
- Guide attorneys and staff on the effective use of research databases and print collection.
- Remain current on technological applications and best practices relevant to providing high quality library and research services.
- Assist with implementing new information delivery platforms such as eBooks
- Assist in evaluating and support continual improvement to firm wide news, docket, case alert functions and news aggregator technologies.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
The Research Librarian role requires a Master’s Degree in Library/Information Science or equivalent degree from an ALA accredited institution. In addition, you will need a minimum of two (2) years of related experience. Requires research skills and knowledge of major legal and non-legal related databases, including but not limited to Westlaw & Lexis platforms, Bloomberg Law, IntelliConnect, Pacer, etc. Experience creating professional marketing materials, training documentation or ability to design internet pages incorporating best practice in user interface design is a plus. Experience editing/creating content in Sharepoint is a plus.
If you are interested in applying for this job opportunity, please visit http://www.crowell.com/careers to apply online.
EOE m/f/d/v Crowell & Moring participates in the E-Verify program.