Dechert LLP is hiring a Competitive intelligence Analyst. This position can be based in our Philadelphia or Washington, DC office. Interested candidates should apply at www.dechert.com.
About the Firm
Dechert is a global specialist law firm with 900 lawyers in 27 offices. Focused on sectors with the greatest complexities and highest regulatory demands, we deliver practical commercial insight and judgment to our clients’ most important matters. Nothing stands in the way of giving clients the best of the firm’s entrepreneurial energy and seamless collaboration in a way that is distinctively Dechert.
The Competitive Intelligence (CI) Analyst is responsible for researching and monitoring a wide variety of resources for the purpose of identifying potential business opportunities with clients and prospective clients, analyzing related matters using information research tools and providing strategic and analytical support to identify business development opportunities and strengthen client relationships. In addition the Competitive Intelligence Analyst will research and prepare CI reports for clients and prospective clients, industries and geographic regions.
- Utilize technology, financial and library resources to provide detailed litigation research and analysis.
- Identify and monitor trends to aid business development for litigation and cross-disciplinary industry groups.
- Create comprehensive analytical reports for development meetings with litigation partners.
- Conduct in-depth research and analysis of companies, industries, technologies, marketplaces, and competitors to uncover key, actionable information and insights for business development strategy.
- Provide meaningful recommendations to help inform litigation business development and marketing strategy.
- Monitor various news/intelligence sources for business development and market visibility opportunities.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MLIS, JD or MBA preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in a research-focused role in a law firm required, including experience researching and offering analysis of litigation, competitive intelligence, company/industry information, and financial data.
- Knowledge of the legal services industry required; marketing/business development experience preferred.
- Well-developed understanding of and experience in a law firm role providing research and company information to be used in legal and business development activities.
- Ability to multi-task, judge priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent writing and editing skills necessary.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to build effective internal and external client relationships.
- Knowledge and experience conducting Internet-based research using tools such as Lexis/Nexis, Factiva, Hoover’s, ALM Research Online, Lexis AtVantage, Westlaw Monitor Suite and others is very important.
- Strong technology skills in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat necessary.