Loyola ▪ Notre Dame Library is seeking a temporary part-time reference librarian for August-December 2013. This individual will work 20-25 hours/week under the direction of the Head of Research and Instruction. Must be available to work evening and weekend hours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staffs the research/information desk; responds to faculty, student, and staff requests for information in person, via phone, email, or chat.
- Assists faculty and students in finding materials and information in the library using a wide range of print and non-print sources.
- Assists faculty and students with the online catalog, databases, related software, and Internet use.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to gain a thorough knowledge of Loyola ▪ Notre Dame Library’s policies and procedures;
- Ability to act as a representative of the Loyola ▪ Notre Dame Library to the public and establish good working relationships with colleagues, students, and faculty.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures for academic library service and the ability to interpret them to the staff and the public.
- Knowledge of reference services, practices, and procedures.
- ALA accredited masters degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong public service orientation
The Loyola ▪ Notre Dame Library provides library and information services to Loyola University Maryland and Notre Dame of Maryland University. The Library functions as an independent organization with 35 full-time staff, including 15 professional librarians, and has been a leader in developing digital resources among comprehensive-level institutions. Located in an attractive residential area of Baltimore, the Library completed a major addition/renovation project in 2008 that enables it to provide leading-edge facilities and services to 7,500 students and 500 faculty engaged in a range of bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs.
Send cover letter and resume by email or mail by May 20, 2013, to Joanne Hélouvry, Head of Research & Instruction Services, Loyola ▪ Notre Dame Library, 200 Winston Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21212 firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Research & Instruction Services
Loyola – Notre Dame Library
200 Winston Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21212