Information Lifecycle (Records) Manager (Bethesda, MD) at Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
The Information Lifecycle (Records) Manager will utilize records management best practices and appropriate technologies. He or she will provide leadership and expertise in records management and archiving support across all business operations and office locations (US, UK, Switzerland, Japan). The daily responsibilities of this position include supporting high-level, long-term strategic corporate objectives through project management and hands-on administrative collaboration; and initiating and developing the Information Lifecycle Governance function within the company. This position shall report to the Contracts, Risk, and Records Director, and is functionally housed in the Law Department.
* Assume ownership of company’s current records management program and resources to continue the strategic design and implement a multi-year Information Lifecycle Governance Plan
* Create and revise record retention plans and procedures across all business operations to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, standards, corporate policies, and sector procedures for a company that is publicly traded, multi-national, and has both R&D and commercial activities
* Collaborates with IT to source technical solution providers, and acts as a project manager to implement ERM solutions
* Audits records to ensure compliance with applicable procedural requirements
* Collaborates with law department to support due diligence and legal hold activities
* Collaborates with quality department to ensure that Good Document Practices are followed
* Certified Records Manager or equivalent certification
* Post-graduate degree/certificate (such as Master of Library Science or Project Management Professional) preferred
* Experience managing a multi-national information lifecycle program at a biotech/pharmaceutical company with responsibilities in the areas of policy and process design, training and implementation; and retention schedule implementation and auditing
* Excellent attention to detail with the ability to identify and resolve areas of concern
* Advanced IT skills level with experience of this person will be conversant with electronic document management systems (EDMSs), databases, MS-Office, especially MS-Excel, and ideally with electronic TMF systems and the ability to troubleshoot computer and document problems with little supervision
* Able to work effectively independently as well as an active member of a team environment, a strong work ethic, critical thinking skills and who can take direction