LAC Group seeks a Government Documents Library Technician to work on an ongoing contract at a prestigious government library located on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. This individual will be responsible for the processing of government documents. The government documents division receives material from Federal, State, Local, City, and Tribal governments. This material is then processed and distributed to various end users both within and outside the Library. This individual will be required to perform various duties related to the receiving and distribution of government document material. The material usually arrives in postal mail cages, skids delivered by the Library labor force and individual deliveries from other delivery agents. This position is slated to start December 2012 and works Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week, with full benefits.
- Maintain statistics of received government documents materials;
- Receive general materials; sorting into monographs/serials;
- Make distribution to exchange partners, duplicate collection, and other Library units following established procedures;
- Receive special handling titles; such as the unbound Federal Register, the daily Congressional Record, the bound Congressional Record, the Serial Set, Congressional hearings, and other special titles;
- Maintain appropriate back issues, and make proper distribution following established procedures;
- Pack and mail material as appropriate;
- Deliver materials to Library custodial and acquisitions units;
- Perform other related tasks.
- Must have previous experience working with government documents in a library;
- MLS/MLIS degree is preferred;
- Experience in processing library collections, particularly government documents;
- Previous experience working in a government library setting is preferred;
- Knowledge of Voyager ILS and similar ILS systems is required;
- Ability to work independently;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Ability to multi-task and process numerous materials daily.
Please visit http://goo.gl/eDt3h to apply.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity in the workplace