LAC Group is looking for an experienced Library Acquisitions Technician to work on a contractual basis at a local University located in Bowie, Maryland. This is a part-time position (24 hours per week) working for the next few months. The main responsibilities of this contract are working in the University library, receiving books and imputing them into the library system. Knowledge of ALICE is required and any ILS experience is highly desired. This includes the processing of mostly books and a few DVDs. There is already an order record waiting for books and this individual must mark that books have arrived, print out an arrival slip, do some limited processing, stamp books, and then bar code. The University is located on the MARC Penn line for easy transportation.
- Previous experience working in acquisitions in a library is required;
- Knowledge of ALICE;
- Experience working with Integrated Library Systems is highly preferred;
- The ability to lift and move books;
- Experience using Excel spreadsheets to create book lists;
- Experience working with the moving and shifting of a physical library collection;
- Ability to follow detailed instructions;
- Quick Learner;
- Excellent communication and reporting skills required;
- Additional duties as required/requested.
To apply, please visit http://goo.gl/ugloE
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity in the workplace