History Associates has an immediate need for two experienced Processing Archivists to join our extensive and growing National Park Service team. One position is located at our main office in Rockville, MD and the other is located in Arkansas at the Buffalo River State Park.
The Processing Archivists will implement previously developed processing plans.
Master’s degree in library science, history, or related discipline with a concentration in archival studies or archival courses, seminars, internships, or practica.
Ability to pass a National Agency Check
- One year of experience arranging, describing, and cataloging archival records
- Understanding of and experience in implementing archival hierarchies
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of archival policies and procedures
- Experience cataloging archival collections using CMS databases
- Ability to work independently and to exercise discretion, initiative, and judgment
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
Demonstrated experience with the NPS Museum Handbook, Part II Museum Records, especially Appendix D: Museum Archives and Manuscript Collections
Demonstrated experience creating catalog records for archival collections in Re:discovery ICMS or ANCS+
Send cover letter, resume, finding aid, sample catalog record, transcripts, an names and phone numbers/email addresses of three references to:
History Associates Incorporated
ATTN: Doris Miles, Director of Personnel
300 N. Stonestreet Avenue
Rockville, MD 20850
Packages not containing all information requested will not be considered for this position.
History Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer