Save the Date!
The Law Library Association of Maryland invites you to a
Holiday English Tea
Friday, December 6, 2013
at 17th Floor Bistro
100 Light Street, 17th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21202
Join fellow LLAMers in viewing the magnificent Baltimore Inner Harbor at a festive Holiday English Tea complete with sweets, savories, wines and sherry.
Holiday shopping: This year’s silent auction benefits Rebuilding Together and the LLAM scholarship fund, so please get your auction items ready.
Special Offer: Invite a non-member friend or colleague and get your second registration fee at half price.
Tickets: $25.00 per person ($12.50 for a non-member guest)
You may pay by check. Make the check payable to “LLAM” and mail to
University of Baltimore Law Library
1401 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
We hope to see you there!
Kate Martin, LLAM Program Chair
The Pence Law Library at American University’s Washington College of Law seeks a part-time reference librarian to work at the library’s reference desk. The reference librarian provides research assistance to law school students, staff and faculty, and to occasional public patrons. More information about the Pence Law Library is available at http://library.wcl.american.edu/.
Reference shifts available include Sunday afternoons, and a weekday evening.
Requirements include an ALA-approved MLS, or an equivalent degree, and previous law reference experience, preferably in an academic law library. Knowledge of Lexis Advance, WestlawNext, Bloomberg Law, HeinOnline and other law-related databases is preferred.
If you are interested, please email your resume and three references to me. If you have questions, please feel free to contact me.
Susan J. Lewis
Associate Librarian for Public Services, Pence Law Library
American University, Washington College of Law
4801 Massachusetts Ave. NW
LAC Group is seeking a Government Documents Librarian for a long-term, 5-year, contract with a prestigious federal library, focused on education, located in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, benefited, position on a recently awarded contract to run the library and information services. The library serves the agency’s department, public, education community and other government agencies.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Select and acquire documents for selective depository library following FDLP guidelines
- Participate in providing reference and research services through regular duty at the reference desk and by responding to requests using the full range of available resources, with focus on government documents
- Participate in liaison and outreach programs, with focus on government documents
- Stay abreast of the information needs and trends within the agency
- Stay abreast of trends in library and information science
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding of Government Printing Office Federal Depository Library Program guidelines and standards
- Ability to manage a government documents collection
- Ability to use automated library systems such as Catalog of U.S. Government Publications
- Understanding of the role of the Library and the needs of its customers
- Provide general and specialized reference and research services on issues relating to education and educational policy
- Strong public/customer service orientation
- Understanding of the role of technology in library functions and services; ability to apply technology in functional area
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate with a diverse community
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- MLS from an ALA-accredited library/information science program
- Background in education or a related social science
- Demonstrated experience in managing a library or information service function
- Familiarity with government documents
For consideration, please apply at: http://goo.gl/jDAf0E
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity in the workplace
Harford County Public Library
These are exciting times at Harford County Public Library as we expand our public service role in a dramatic fashion through innovative literacy programs, new product expansions, record-breaking fundraising events and implementing new technologies, all while maintaining outstanding customer service. HCPL has been the home of great stories for more than 65 years and continues to play an important role in the personal stories of customers and staff. Come be part of our story!
Vacancy #14-22, Circulation Manager, Joppa Branch
Responsible for general operation of the branch circulation and page departments including supervising, scheduling, evaluating, and training staff.
Works on the circulation desk facilitating in the borrowing of library materials by the public by checking in and out materials, preparing borrower’s cards, entering data into the computer, and organizing and maintaining materials. Meets minimum public service hours as defined by Library Administration.
Visit our website at www.HCPLonline.org . Click on “Library Jobs” for more information and to apply online. Online applications must be submitted by date indicated on vacancy announcement. HCPL is committed to diversity in the workplace. If assistance w/ the app process needed, call 410-273-5600. EOE
The NIST Research Library has an opening for a Reference/Research Librarian posted in USAJobs
Job Announcement Number: ADMR-2014-002
Salary Range: $42,209.00 to $73,917.00/per year
Open Period to Apply: 11/07/2013 – 11/21/2013
Series & Grade: ZA-1410-02
This position will collaborate with the Library’s Lab Liaisons in their research with NIST scientists, in areas such as assessing the impact of their work, identifying the best venues to publish, gathering and analyzing industry data to determine market potential for their discovery and assisting with their data management. The incumbent will conduct strategic research and impact analyses using a variety of scientific/technical and business resources, as well as staff the Information Desk and assist customers with tools at the Innovation Center. The incumbent will assist the Lab Liaisons all aspects of his/her duties such as prepare an array of marketing, instructional, and analysis products in a variety of formats; and speak effectively on a broad range of scientific/technical information and industry topics
If you are interested or know some someone who is, please apply before the close date November 21, 2013. Thanks, Rosa
Manager, Research Library & Information Program
100 Bureau Drive Stop 2500
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-2500