The Archives Committee identifies, acquires, arranges, preserves and publicizes materials relating to the history of the Law Library Association of Maryland and makes these materials available to its members.
- Ensures that the materials are preserved
- Maintains the records of the Chapter in an organized fashion
- Solicits contributions of files related to chapter activities.
- Identifies and seeks to fill the gaps in the collection
- Attends board meetings when possible
2013-2014 Katherine Baer, Chair
KMBaer @ Venable.com
This committee provides outreach to LLAM members, future LLAM members, and law library stakeholders. The committee keeps LLAM members aware of upcoming events, achievements by LLAM members via LLAM website and newsletter. The committee reaches out to library schools to promote law librarianship and market the integral role law librarians have in law firms, courts and law schools as well as with attorneys and paralegals.
- Manages quarterly newsletter
- Develops and maintains LLAM Brochures—set LLAM Logo/look and feel
- Reviews and updates web site content –with webmaster
- Publicizes the achievements of LLAM and its members
- Submits news about LLAM programs, events etc. for publication in AALL publications and other professional publications and in general publications in our geographic area.
- Assists the President in creating a display for the LLAM table at AALL.
- Assists in publicizing LLAM’s educational programs such as the Legal Research Institute.
2013-2014 Sara Thomas, Chair
sthomas @ milesstockbridge.com
Government and Vendor Relations
Monitors and informs members of pending state and federal, legislative, executive and judicial activities affecting law libraries and libraries in general; to highlight our contributions, increase our visibility and promote libraries in the eyes of all branches of state government. The Committee also monitors LLAM relations with vendors and spot and solve problems that occur, and educate our membership on new materials and formats presented by vendors.
- Monitors all branches of government for actions affecting libraries.
- Registers with the AALL Washington office to receive updates, alerts etc.
- Works in conjunction with the AALL Government Relations Committee and the CRIV Committee
- Informs Board of any issues falling within the committee’s scope on which LLAM may want to take a position.
- Publicizes actions of the government to the membership and set up training or information programs to inform members.
- Works with other library associations to present libraries to the government
- Represents LLAM as MLA Legislative Panel Liaison.
- Helps members deal with vendor problems and issues
- Represents LLAM to vendors.
- Promotes Law Day (Federal – May 1)
- Promotes Maryland Library Day (State – January/February)
2013-2014 Joanie Bellistri, Chair
library @ circuitcourt.org
This committee is responsible for recruiting new members and maintaining current members. Member relations works with webmaster to ensure information about LLAM membership is accurate and membership renewal is convenient for LLAM Members. Member relations is also responsible for providing services to LLAM members in particular keeping track and email and posting to the web site local job opportunities. Member Relations also encourage LLAM members to particulate in ILL. Member relations host an annual event to new members and potential members to highlight the benefits of joining LLAM.
- Sends out annual membership renewal
- Works with Technology and Online Services to make renewal process as easy a possible
- Reaches out to newly hired law librarians
- Posts job listings on the LLAM web site and emails them to LLAM Listserv
- Maintains directory of LLAM members
- Publishes an annual directory of LLAM members
2013-2014 Pat Behles, Chair
pbehles @ ubalt.edu
The Programming committee schedules both educational and social programs for LLAM members. Events are scheduled throughout Maryland. Social programs includes a holiday party in December and a “Spring Fling Annual Meeting in early May.
- Locates and schedules educational events for LLAM members
- Locates and schedules social events for LLAM members
2013-2014 Kate Martin, Chair
kmartin @ mcccourt.com
This committee handles the planning and day-to-day management of LLAM’s online presence, communication with members, and management of accounts and passwords. The committee also investigates and evaluates how evolving technology can be harnessed to better serve LLAM members and assess and implement new initiatives.
- Manages the LLAM web site
- Manages and organizes email, photos and other online files
- Handles setting up online payments for LLAM events
- Manages the LLAM’s listserv
2013-2014 Jenny Rensler, Chair
jrensler @ law.umaryland.edu
Past Committee Members
LLAM maintains a list of past committee members.