Anyone who shares in or wishes to help advance LLAM’s objectives is invited to join LLAM! Prospective and current members of LLAM use this Membership Application/Renewal Form (Word) to join or renew their membership with LLAM or update their LLAM Directory information. Membership runs from June 1 to May 31.
LLAM is now accepting online membership payment by credit card through WePay. If you are paying online, your completed membership form can be submitted by email. Of course, LLAM still accepts payment by check–please mail the completed membership form with payment to the address on the form.
The Law Library Association of Maryland (LLAM) is dedicated to advancing the profession of law librarianship. LLAM provides educational programs for its members and promotes cooperation among various types of legal libraries, from state agencies and county courts to law firms and law schools. LLAM is also a chapter of the American Association of Law Libraries. Here’s what members receive:
- LLAM NEWSLETTER–The newsletter “LLAM eNews” features articles by members, reports of recent LLAM meetings, messages from the president and board, and items of current interest to Maryland law librarians.
- EDUCATIONAL EVENTS–How do I research legislative histories in Maryland? What public records databases are available? What is the impact of the consolidation of the legal publishing industry on law libraries? These questions are some of those recently covered by LLAM’s educational programs. This year promises a whole new list!
- MEMBER INTERACTION–LLAM is a diverse association of law librarians in Maryland, and membership provides an array of networking and professional development opportunities. The LLAM Listserv and The LLAM Directory (for LLAM members only; username and password required) provide valuable contacts in law libraries all over Maryland. To facilitate borrowing and lending between institutions, interlibrary loan policies are summarized for each library listed.
- JOB PLACEMENT–Notices of the job vacancies are sent to the LLAM membership on the LLAM listserv. In addition to the LLAM announcements, other contacts and sources for job listings are provided on the Links page.
- OPPORTUNITIES TO PARTICIPATE ON COMMITTEES–Join one of LLAM’s committees and become involved in writing articles, planning programs, and much more! Indicate on your membership application which committee is of interest to you, and its chair will contact you.