We hope you can join us for LLAM’s 2014 holiday party!
CLICK HERE to register and pay online now!
holiday party menu:
Heavy Hors d’oeuvres
- Bhel Puri – Puffed Rice, Sev (Chickpea Noodles), Tossed with Mild Chilies, Vegetables, Chopped Cilantro, Cumin, Lime Juice, Sweet and Tart Chutneys.
- Artistic Display of Vegetables – Assorted fresh Vegetables: Asparagus, Red Peppers, Green Beans, Grape Tomatoes, Sweet Baby Carrots and Radishes – Smokey Ranch Dip
- Chicken Pâté –served with Cornichons, Apple Slices and Baguette Rounds
- Balela –Middle Eastern Salad
- Brie and Gorgonzola Torte Garnished with Herbs, Pecans
- Asian Noodle Salad – With a Lime Szechuan Dressing garnished with Baby Corn, Snow Peas, Multicolored Peppers, Spring Onions, and Sliced Carrots
- Smoked Salmon & Home-made Vegetable Cream Cheese on Pumpernickel
- Grilled Cheese Quarters & Demitasse of Roasted Red Pepper- Tomato Soup
- Lemon-Chicken Francaise – Sautéed Chicken Breast Tenders in a Sauce of Lemon Juice, White Wine and Butter with Rice Pilaf
- Fresh Fruit
- Sliced Lemon Cakes
- Frozen Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Sauce
- Seltzer, Blackberry Lemon Sparkling Punch
LLAM is collaborating with LLSDC to bring you this event! Please see below for RSVP information.
LSDC Access to Justice Committee is pleased to hold its first event!
When: December 9, 2014
Where: Public Defender Service for DC
633 Indiana Ave NW, 2nd floor
Time: 12 noon to 1:30 pm
Please join the Access to Justice Committee as we welcome our speaker, Emily Feltren, AALL’s Director of Government Relations, to our first event. Emily will be discussing what is happening with A2J initiatives at the National Level and other Law Library Chapters around the country.
Lunch will be provided.
Hope you can join us!
RSVP to Laura Moorer, Esq
Legal Reference Specialist
Public Defender Service for DC
633 Indiana Ave NW
Washington DC 20004
LLAM’s Vice President and Chair of the Programs Committee, James Durham, has put together an exciting list of events for the next 6 months. Please check out the list below and mark your calendar so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
If you have any questions or would like more information, please forward your inquiries to LLAMNewsMD.
- Monday, December 15th from 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.: LLAM’s Holiday Party & Silent Auction will be held at the University of Baltimore School of Law. Registration information will be announced soon.
- Thursday, January 22, 2015 from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.: LLAM Brownbag Lunch Lecture at the University of Baltimore School of Law. Professor Fred B. Brown will speak on business organizations and taxation.
- February, 2015 (Date and time TBD): MLA Legislative Day A tentative lecture at Anne Arundel County Public Law Library will cover the topic of U.S. government documents.
- March, 2015 (Date and Time TBD) LLAM Brownbag Lunch Lecture at Venable, LLC in Baltimore. Steve Anderson will speak on copyright issues in law libraries.
- Saturday, April 25, 2015, All Day: LLAM Service Project with “Rebuilding Together Baltimore” Contact Sara Thomas for more information on participating.
- Saturday, May 2, 2015: LLAM Spring Fling will be held at the Homewood House Museum on the Johns Hopkins University Campus in Baltimore. A private tour for members will held at 1:00 p.m., followed by a tea in the home’s wine cellar at 2:00 p.m. Registration information will be announced closer to the date in the Spring.
We hope you can join us for the LLAM Holiday Party & Silent Auction at the University of Baltimore on December 15, 2014. More information on registration will be coming soon, but email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
Date: Friday, May 16th 2014
Place: Gertrude’s, Baltimore Museum of Art, 10 Art Museum Drive, Baltimore, MD 21218
Cost: $25 per person. PayPal payment is preferred. You may also send a check addressed to “LLAM” to Bijal Shah at 1401 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21201.
Parking: Free along North Charles Street. View driving directions HERE.
Celebrate the season with fellow LLAM members at Gertrude’s restaurant at the Baltimore Museum of Art. Take a self-directed tour of the museum and Cone Collection before enjoying an open bar and scrumptious hors d’oeuvres in the Sculpture Garden Pavilion.
This event supports Operation Paperback. Please donate money and/or books to help send books to American troops, veterans, and their families.