Date: Saturday, May 2nd, 2015
Time: Private museum tour: 1:00 p.m. Tea in the wine cellar: 2:00 p.m. The group will meet at 1:00 p.m. in the gift shop (located at the back of the house), where the docents will begin our private guided tour.
Place: The Homewood Museum, Johns Hopkins University Campus, 3400 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21218
See “The Homewood Museum” link above for parking information. Just click on “Plan a Visit.”
Cost: $12 for adults $10 for children (under 18)
You may also send a check addressed to “LLAM” to:
University of Baltimore School of Law Library
1401 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
If you are you attending the 2015 AALL Annual Meeting & Conference in Philadelphia, please consider joining the members of LLAM for the annual “LLAM Dine-Around.” This year, the group would like to meet at Alma de Cuba, a Cuban-fusion restaurant that is a 20 minute walk (shorter via Metro) from the Convention Center. Vegetarian options are offered. We know that there are lots of committee meetings and social gatherings the weekend of the convention, so please email Camilla Tubbs at ctubbs[at]law.umaryland.edu with your preference for which night to have the dinner:
• Saturday, July 18th at 6:00pm
• Sunday, July 19th at 6:00pm (prior to the opening reception)
See you in Philadelphia!
February LLAM Program – with special guest, Mary Alice Baish, Superintendent of Documents, Government Publishing Office (GPO)
Tuesday, Feb. 24, 2015
- 10:45 – 11:45 a.m. LLAM Board Meeting
- Noon – 1:00 p.m. Mary Alice Baish discusses the new GPO National Plan
Maryland State Archives (conference room)
Dr. Edward C. Papenfuse State Archives Building
350 Rowe Boulevard
Annapolis, MD 21401
This event is co-sponsored by LLAM and the Maryland State Archives. The event is a brown bag lunch, with dessert provided by LLAM and the Maryland State Archives.
Directions to the Maryland State Archives are available at http://msa.maryland.gov/msa/intromsa/html/direct.html. There should be parking for all attendees; however, to preserve parking for MSA patrons, please carpool when possible.
We hope to see you there!
We hope you can join us for LLAM’s 2014 holiday party!
CLICK HERE to register and pay online now!
University of Baltimore School of Law, Top Floor
1401 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
When: December 15, 2014, 5:30 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.
Tickets – $25.00
View directions at: http://www.ubalt.edu/about-ub/directions/ .
For more information, see below, or return to LLAMonline.org .
Email James Durham at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
Holiday Party Menu:
Heavy Hors d’oeuvres
- Bhel Puri – Puffed Rice, Sev (Chickpea Noodles), Tossed with Mild Chilies, Vegetables, Chopped Cilantro, Cumin, Lime Juice, Sweet and Tart Chutneys.
- Artistic Display of Vegetables – Assorted fresh Vegetables: Asparagus, Red Peppers, Green Beans, Grape Tomatoes, Sweet Baby Carrots and Radishes – Smokey Ranch Dip
- Chicken Pâté –served with Cornichons, Apple Slices and Baguette Rounds
- Balela –Middle Eastern Salad
- Brie and Gorgonzola Torte Garnished with Herbs, Pecans
- Asian Noodle Salad – With a Lime Szechuan Dressing garnished with Baby Corn, Snow Peas, Multicolored Peppers, Spring Onions, and Sliced Carrots
- Smoked Salmon & Home-made Vegetable Cream Cheese on Pumpernickel
- Grilled Cheese Quarters & Demitasse of Roasted Red Pepper- Tomato Soup
- Lemon-Chicken Francaise – Sautéed Chicken Breast Tenders in a Sauce of Lemon Juice, White Wine and Butter with Rice Pilaf
- Fresh Fruit
- Sliced Lemon Cakes
- Frozen Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Sauce
- Seltzer, Blackberry Lemon Sparkling Punch
LLAM is collaborating with LLSDC to bring you this event! Please see below for RSVP information.
LSDC Access to Justice Committee is pleased to hold its first event!
When: December 9, 2014
Where: Public Defender Service for DC
633 Indiana Ave NW, 2nd floor
Time: 12 noon to 1:30 pm
Please join the Access to Justice Committee as we welcome our speaker, Emily Feltren, AALL’s Director of Government Relations, to our first event. Emily will be discussing what is happening with A2J initiatives at the National Level and other Law Library Chapters around the country.
Lunch will be provided.
Hope you can join us!
RSVP to Laura Moorer, Esq
Legal Reference Specialist
Public Defender Service for DC
633 Indiana Ave NW
Washington DC 20004
LLAM’s Vice President and Chair of the Programs Committee, James Durham, has put together an exciting list of events for the next 6 months. Please check out the list below and mark your calendar so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
If you have any questions or would like more information, please forward your inquiries to LLAMNewsMD.
- Monday, December 15th from 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.: LLAM’s Holiday Party & Silent Auction will be held at the University of Baltimore School of Law. Registration information will be announced soon.
- Thursday, January 22, 2015 from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.: LLAM Brownbag Lunch Lecture at the University of Baltimore School of Law. Professor Fred B. Brown will speak on business organizations and taxation.
- February, 2015 (Date and time TBD): MLA Legislative Day A tentative lecture at Anne Arundel County Public Law Library will cover the topic of U.S. government documents.
- March, 2015 (Date and Time TBD) LLAM Brownbag Lunch Lecture at Venable, LLC in Baltimore. Steve Anderson will speak on copyright issues in law libraries.
- Saturday, April 25, 2015, All Day: LLAM Service Project with “Rebuilding Together Baltimore” Contact Sara Thomas for more information on participating.
- Saturday, May 2, 2015: LLAM Spring Fling will be held at the Homewood House Museum on the Johns Hopkins University Campus in Baltimore. A private tour for members will held at 1:00 p.m., followed by a tea in the home’s wine cellar at 2:00 p.m. Registration information will be announced closer to the date in the Spring.
We hope you can join us for the LLAM Holiday Party & Silent Auction at the University of Baltimore on December 15, 2014. More information on registration will be coming soon, but email us at email@example.com if you have any questions!