The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) is recruiting for a full-time staff person to serve as Information Resource Specialist.
The core functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides in-depth, customized information services to help members solve problems and make informed decisions
- Contributes to comprehensive online resource collections and bibliographies on advancement topics for the CASE website using the association’s content management system.
- Uses CASE taxonomies to tag content for the CASE website, ensuring consistent and efficient information retrieval by members and staff.
- Catalogs CURRENTS articles and other resources in the library catalog.
- Participates in organization-wide teams and discussions to share knowledge of information management, member needs, and advancement issues and trends.
Education and Experience Required
Requires a Master’s degree in library or information science from an institution accredited by the American Library Association, and at least two years of relevant library experience providing reference/information services in a library or information center. Knowledge of alumni relations, fundraising, communications, marketing, higher education, nonprofit management or a related field will be an advantage.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CASE is the premier international association for alumni relations, communications, and fund-raising professionals at educational institutions. CASE is a leading resource and advocate for professional development, information, standards, and diversity in educational advancement. More than 3,600 colleges, universities, independent schools, and educationally related nonprofit organizations in 82 countries, including the United States, Canada, and Mexico, belong to CASE. CASE, an EEO employer, seeks a diverse candidate pool for all open positions.
For the complete job description visit www.case.org.careercentral.jobs
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Director, CASE InfoCenter
Council for Advancement and Support of Education
1307 New York Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20005-4701