LAC Group is seeking a Web/Content Librarian for a part-time (20 hours per week) position on a one year client at a government agency library located in Beltsville, MD. This position is usually the first point of contact for customers with questions regarding the agency’s library collections, services, and databases and manages a range of Web sites, services, and most recently scientific databases with associated datasets. Please apply immediately to be considered.
- Interact with customers to answer questions, provide information about collections, content, programs, services, and databases; where appropriate the contractor will refer customers to the appropriate program specialists for in-depth responses;
- Provide specific support for a variety of portal systems; routine responses will be prepared for frequently asked questions and reviewed by program specialists;
- Build a knowledge base of answers to questions. Regularly consult the knowledge base to ensure a consistency and standards in customer responses, and work efficiency;
- Assist program specialists with maintaining specialized portals and Web interfaces for databases;
- This includes reviewing, refreshing, and repairing links to external resources. Adding content, including user guides and aids;
- Draft user guides and aids; these tools will be reviewed by program specialists;
- Staff the Service Desk or the Reference Center based on an assigned schedule;
- Assist with system tests of prototype data portals; and other applications; provide feedback on usability for user interfaces; and other services as needed.
- The contractor is to provide assistance for projects which require the skills, training, education, and knowledge noted:
- The candidate must have a Masters of Library Science degree with training in the environmental, ecological, or agricultural sciences;
- The candidate will be familiar with the issues and resources related to natural resources and the environment;
- The candidate must have the skills and ability to research and respond to a wide range of requests for information for diverse and wide-ranging projects;
- The candidate should be familiar with library databases such as AGRICOLA and the technical language of the environmental, ecological, and agricultural sciences. And with time to develop specific knowledge of NAL specific portals and databases.
Apply at: http://goo.gl/wdzdqM
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies.