Electronic Resources Acquisitions Librarian at Johns Hopkins University
The Electronic Resources Acquisitions Librarian coordinates the Sheridan Libraries complex management of: eresource subscriptions, consortia licenses, and resolution of user access problems in collaboration with peers at other campus libraries. As the primary contact with collection development librarians, the position provides information to assist with collection development decision making. The position is responsible for developing and documenting workflows. The primary duties and responsibilities of the job
* Manages ordering, renewal and licensing of electronic resources. Negotiates license agreements and costs in coordination with University Purchasing and Legal Counsel to obtain the best possible terms and conditions
* Establishes trials and pilots for prospective purchases
* Troubleshoots user access problems
* Maintains knowledge bases used for Open URL link resolution and electronic resource management
* Establishes professional relationships and communications with vendors, publishers and consortia, researching and assessing products, offers, and services
* Designs cost efficient, effective workflows, documenting them in procedures
* Prepares management reports in support of collection development needs
* Actively communicates licensing and electronic resources best practices with library departments to promote mutual understanding of licensed electronic resources, including interlibrary loan, course reserves, and archival rights Additional Information:
The Sheridan Libraries encompass the Milton S. Eisenhower Library and its collections at the John Work Garrett Library, the George Peabody Library, the Albert D. Hutzler Reading Room, and the DC Centers. Its primary constituency is the students and faculty in the schools of Arts & Sciences, Engineering, Carey Business School and the School of Education. A key partner in the academic enterprise, the library is a leader in the innovative application of information technology and has implemented notable diversity and organizational development programs. The Sheridan Libraries are strongly committed to diversity. A strategic goal of the Libraries is to ‘work toward achieving diversity when recruiting new and promoting existing staff.’ The Libraries prize initiative, creativity, professionalism, and teamwork. For information on the Sheridan Libraries, visit http://www.library.jhu.edu
* MLS from an ALA-accredited library school or an advanced related degree.
* Two years related experience. Three or more years of electronic resources experience in a large academic or public library preferred.
* Solid experience negotiating and monitoring license agreements for electronic resources.
* Demonstrated experience working with vendors of information resources and the publishing industry.
* Knowledge of acquisitions business practices, including copyright, Intellectual Property, and licensing terms/issues in a networked environment.
* Knowledge of link resolver software, electronic resource management, and integrated library systems.
* Ability to work collaboratively with many colleagues both internally and externally.
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills essential.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Commitment to using new technology to advance work goals and to enhance service.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/6774/