Are you ready to break out of the traditional archivist box for a multidimensional and challenging position that directs the management of the physical and digital archives and library for an art foundation? Our client is seeking a dynamic individual who possesses a blend of art history knowledge, digital asset management, project management, and an archival policy and administration guru.
LAC Group seeks a Museum Archives Manager in the suburbs of Maryland who systematically collects, organizes, digitizes, preserves, and provides access to various multimedia archival collections and institutional records. The Manager will be responsible for:
- Physical security and preservation of the Archives and Library collections
- Reference services related to the Archives and Library collections, regardless of their format
- Policies and procedures that will sustain the Archives and Library collections and make them available as required to support the mission of the organization and the work of its staff
- Records management oversight
- This position reports to the Deputy Director Administrative Affairs, Executive Director and Founder.
- Evaluation of archival practices; development of improved policies, procedures, and workflows
- Development, management and implementation of short- and long-term plans for the Archives’ work and activities
- Manages the formulation and implementation of an organization-wide digital asset management program, which will likely involve working with a consultant
- Managing staff to accomplish desired outcomes for Archives and Library
- Serving as a member of the organization management team
- Providing range of archives information and library services to associates and project collaborators
- Working collaboratively organization-wide to support an environment of continuing development of the Archives and Library
- Assess outcomes and adjust plans and priorities accordingly
- Prepare brief monthly reports and annual reports.
- Graduate degree in information /library science with archival focus, or other graduate degree with a Certificate in Archival Studies
- Experience supervising qualified professionals
- Project management experience, including the management of multiple projects at once
- Academy of Certified Archivists Certification a plus
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in archives and library management, preferably in a museum or cultural heritage institution
- A minimum of 2 years high level digital asset management experience or comparable databases, including asset ingest, export, metadata creation, and user rights management
- Experience in file and document organization and management, electronic databases and documents, database management and information policy
To apply: http://goo.gl/JCmXr
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.