LAC Group seeks a skilled Web Librarian to support two Information Centers in the development and maintenance of web-based resources, provision of reference and research services in the subjects of water resources, invasive species and related issues for a prestigious government library in Beltsville, MD.
* Build web pages for Client website; develop, maintain and update content;
* Participate in activities and tasks in support of developing Web sites and information products using Web 2.0 tools, including mash-ups, Web widgets, etc.
* Search for and evaluate for inclusion conferences, conference proceedings, grants, Federal Register announcements, federal press releases, web sites, workshops related to invasive species.
* Recommend science related materials for library’s collection in the area of water resources, invasive species and related subjects; use Blackwell’s Collection Manager and Web searching to identify and order books on water quality and meteorology.
* Identify USDA documents for inclusion in library’s digital repository.
* Develop print and online bibliographies searching AGRICOLA and other relevant databases and using software such as ProCite, Dreamweaver and MS Word.
* Create print and online publications using software such as Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Acrobat; Create bibliographies, training materials, brochures using MS Word and MS Publisher;
* Provide reference and research services via phone and email on water resources, invasive species and related issues, including literature searches and use of print and electronic resources; Maintain reference and research statistics; Produce monthly report of activities; Assist in maintaining link integrity for library’s site;
* ALA-accredited MLS
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Detail-oriented and able to handle multiple priorities
* Knowledge of or familiarity with scientific literature; Experience developing and maintaining web pages
* Experience with reference work
* Dreamweaver ; XML, HTML; Adobe, MS Office; Web 2.0 tools, desired
* Experience in the fields of water quality and/or invasive species, desired
For immediate consideration, please apply http://goo.gl/0gDze LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.