LAC Group is seeking a Bibliographic Librarian with knowledge of developing bibliographies for our client The Water Quality Information Center (WQIC) at the National Agricultural Library (NAL). This position will develop a comprehensive bibliography for a research project involving the Agricultural Research Service and other federal agencies. The position involves compiling an extensive print and online bibliography covering sources and transport of salinity from rangelands to river systems. The bibliography will be similar to those listed at http://go.usa.gov/7b3. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) working Monday – Friday in Beltsville, Maryland. This is part of a contract that will end in March of 2013.
- Search a variety of bibliographic databases, such as AGRICOLA, BIOSIS, CAB Abstracts, Scopus and Water Resources Abstracts, to identify relevant literature on the sources and transport of salinity from rangelands to river systems;
- Consult with subject matter experts to ensure relevancy of citations;
- Use EndNote and Microsoft Word software to manage, organize and create uniform citations;
- Create a camera-ready bibliography for printing, along with PDF and HTML versions for online posting
- Knowledge of library/information science, especially regarding conducting literature searches on technical topics using multiple bibliographic databases;
- Ability to analyze literature citations for relevancy to project requirements;
- Skill in using citation management and word processing software; experience with EndNote and Microsoft Word preferred;
- Skill in proofreading and attention to detail;
- Good communication skills and ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Knowledge of, or interest in, agricultural and/or environmental topics.
For immediate consideration, please apply at http://goo.gl/UkGmI
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.