UM Libraries has a part-time (20 hours per week) position: Criminology and Criminal Justice and Law Librarian. Please apply online at https://jobs.umd.edu. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and accepted until December 11, 2012.
If you have any questions about this position contact: Tracy Gibbs, Manager, University of Maryland, Library Human Resources
Ph: 301-405-9249 email: email@example.com
Title: Criminology and Criminal Justice and Law Librarian
Category: Contract (Library). Part time (20 hours per week)
Department: Humanities and Social Sciences Librarians (HSSL), Public Services Division
The University of Maryland Libraries is seeking a part time librarian that will support the department of Criminology and Criminal Justice, and Law. The Criminology Librarian will be in a key position to help the University of Maryland Libraries define a completely new role for subject librarians – a role that will allow them to be more closely integrated in the whole educational and research process at the University of Maryland. Reporting to the Head, Humanities and Social Sciences Librarians, the Criminology Librarian is responsible for a combination of duties and expectations. Duties include actively engaging with the campus departments in the assigned disciplines, developing a strong understanding of research and teaching needs in these departments and developing and enhancing service models for these departments; providing general and specialized information/research assistance; developing subject specific library instruction and supporting the Libraries’ information literacy program; and performing specialized collection management and liaison functions.
- MLS degree from an ALA-accredited institution of higher education OR Advanced degree in related subject area OR close to completion of one of the above.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a related subject discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging trends, issues, and methods of access to scholarly resources, combined with a strong service orientation.
- Excellent planning, organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated background in at least one of the listed subject areas
- One year of library or related professional experience.
- Experience with web technologies, repository systems, or database structure, description and development.
- Familiarity with Semantic Web technologies; and collections in the social sciences (e.g., scholarly journals, databases, digital libraries and other formats).
APPLICATIONS: Electronic applications required. Please apply online at https://jobs.umd.edu. No relocation assistance will be provided. You must be legally able to work in the United States; the University of Maryland Libraries will not sponsor individuals for employment. An application consists of a cover letter which includes the source of advertisement, a resume, and names/e-mail addresses of three references.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and accepted until December 11, 2012
The University of Maryland, College Park, actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, political affiliation, or gender identity and expression. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.